A company website has become an essential for every business. Irrespective of the company size and nature of products or services an enterprise is offering for its clients; every company needs a decently designed site to get in touch with existing customers and prospects. However, this URL fails to give any benefit, unless it appears on the first page of Google search results. This is critically important for every website. More web traffic means more visitors and increased brand awareness, which eventually delivers higher sales and profits.
You can’t avail these benefits just after creating a website. You will need to take strategic steps to increase the number of visits to your site on regular basis. To fulfill this demand, you may either do it on your own or hire an in-house consultant or SEO agency. Search engine optimization requires not only the high-level technical expertise but also demands full-time attention. Even if you know the tactics, you will not have enough time to do it on your own. The best alternative option you left with is hiring a reputed agency offering professional SEO services.
Appointing a professional agency will only benefit your company if an agency has sound knowledge of search engine optimization, industry exposure, and reliable reputation. Besides this successful selection also require a good understanding of your business objectives.
What are your business objectives for achieving higher ranking?
Involve everyone in your organization to figure out the purpose of achieving top ranking in search results. Be honest with yourself and list down all good and bad objectives you may have in your mind. This will help you to select the agency, which is capable of fulfilling a maximum of these objectives.
- To come on the first page in organic search results for a maximum number of keywords, as people are searching for those phrases.
- To increase revenues with an increase in sales, presence on the first page improves web traffic, which results in more conversions.
- To boost up downloads and free-signups/free trials for our products or services.
- To improve brand reputation after ranking positive reviews on the top for branded terms and push down negative reviews.
In contrast to these positive reasons, there are some bad objectives too, which may naturally come in your mind. All you need is to beware of them to exclude them from hiring criteria.
- Wanting more and more traffic on your site is something really terrible. This is because high traffic is not an aim itself. Dragging visitors with high bounce rate is not an indicator. Your website must possess some substance for the users so they compelled to stay and convert to become a customer.
- Desperately wanting higher ranking alone is another warning sign. Again this is pretty similar to higher rankings. Techniques can help your site to rank on top for particular keywords. This ranking becomes useless if it fails to increase revenues. First, identify customer needs and then invest money and time on ranking to promote relevant pages containing answers to these needs.
- Defeating a competitor for specific key phrases doesn’t guarantee high ranking with more conversions and profits. Real success is not about winning higher ranking for a couple of phrases against your competitor; rather it’s maintaining a reliable reputation in the industry.
Endnote: Focusing on these good and bad business objectives will help you to pick the right SEO consultant. Traffic Digital is a full-service digital agency, which can help businesses to achieve long-term success after fulfilling positive business objectives.